Tanning Tips for your absolutely stunning tan!
The 3 'P's for an absolutely stunning tan! To Prepare, Protect and Prolong your tan, see instructions below, or learn more about the Nails On Five Mile Spray Tanning services here.
To get the best possible results from your tan, make sure that you:
- Wax or shave at least 8-hours prior to your spray tan
- Use a gentle exfoliator to exfoliate your skin.
- Remove any body lotion, deodorant, makeup or jewellery.
- Be careful what you wear! We recommend that you wear dark, loose (baggy) clothes and open shoes for after your tan. Tight fitting clothes and shoes can cause skin friction in the first couple of hours after your spray tan and this may affect the outcome of your tan.
- Bring a towel to sit on when you leave your tanning session. Bare legs may cause the bronzer to rub off on your car seat.
Note: Any rub-off of the bronzer should easily wash out of most fabrics. However, we recommend that you avoid Nylon or Wool as these may absorb the bronzer.
To protect your tan while it develops:
- Avoid contact with water for the first 2 hours
- Do NOT shower for at least 6 hours
- Avoid using any products that contain AHA's as these could act as an exfoliant.
- After showering, apply moisturiser. Hydrated skin retains the tan longer. Avoid lotions containing alpha hydroxy acids (AHA's) as these may cause skin exfoliation.
- Avoid any activities that may cause skin exfoliation. No hot, luxurious bath after your tan. That will make your skin exfoliate faster; as will rolling in the sand on the beach. A short swim in the sea will not take much off your tan (as long as you use a waterproof sunscreen), however a swim in the chlorinated pool will bleach it.
To keep your 'absolutely stunning' tan for up to 7+ days:
- Moisturise like crazy!! Before your tan you exfoliated which left the layer of dead skin cells flat and shallow. Then you had your tan, which was developed in the dead skin layer, so now that you've had your tan you have to guard against it becoming dry and rubbing off.The best way to do this is to moisturise like crazy so your skin cells will stay moist and adhere to your body.
- Use 'TAN EXTEND' at least once daily.
This is a rich, hydrating, moisturising cream that contains the active ingredient from the tanning solution - DHA. A great investment to extend the life of your spray tan. Be sure to wash your hands after each use!
Note: If you have not used a self-tanning product before, or you have sensitive skin, then we recommend a small localised test spray to check out your compatibility before having your full body spray tan.
Nails On Five Mile
32 Grant Road | Five Mile Retail Centre
(03) 442 4808 | email@example.com
|Monday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Sunday||9:00am - 6:00pm|